sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] P4 down again

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew Stitt <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: SM-Discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] P4 down again
  • Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 20:20:42 -0700

On Sat, Apr 01, 2006 at 12:56:42PM -0600, Jeremy Blosser (emrys) wrote:
> On Apr 01, George Sherwood [pilot AT beernabeer.com] wrote:
> > <rant> I certainly am not smart enough to know what scm should
> > replace p4, but it is unacceptable that every other weekend p4 seems to
> > go down until Monday.
> > Weekends should be a time for our volunteers to work on SMGL and
> > now we can't do so.
> > We often talk and talk about something and never implement. But this
> > is something we need to make the "best" choice and then implement.
> > </rant>
>
> As of last night there is a bzr install on fawkes, and I'm working with the
> sorcery and cauldron teams so far to get their stuff set up in it. This
> isn't necessarily a real switch yet but it will hopefully get to real work
> being done in it and we'll see how it goes.

The sorcery team is now using bzr as their primary scm. We'll try it
for a month and decide if we should keep it. I've actually committed
a bugfix to it. I hear the cauldron team has been committing fixes to
their bzr repo too.

For those of you using sorcery directly out of p4, stop, we wont be
pushing changes back to p4 on a regular basis. Anyone can check out
sorcery from bzr:
bzr branch http://scm.sourcemage.org/smgl/sorcery/devel sorcery-devel
update with bzr pull

You can also commit changes if you want, and then publish them over
http. If I like them I can pull them into the main repository.

I'll probably be setting up a daemon script for sending change-reviews
to sm-commits ML. Unless someone beats me to it.

-Andrew

| Andrew D. Stitt | acedit at armory.com | astitt at sourcemage.org |
| irc: afrayedknot | Sorcery Team Lead | ftp://t.armory.com/ |
| 1024D/D39B096C | 76E4 728A 04EE 62B2 A09A 96D7 4D9E 239B D39B 096C |