sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] P4 down again

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: SM Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] P4 down again
  • Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 20:34:16 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 2 Apr 2006, Andrew Stitt wrote:
<snip>
The sorcery team is now using bzr as their primary scm. We'll try it
for a month and decide if we should keep it. I've actually committed
a bugfix to it. I hear the cauldron team has been committing fixes to
their bzr repo too.

For those of you using sorcery directly out of p4, stop, we wont be
pushing changes back to p4 on a regular basis. Anyone can check out
sorcery from bzr:
bzr branch http://scm.sourcemage.org/smgl/sorcery/devel sorcery-devel
update with bzr pull

You can also commit changes if you want, and then publish them over
http. If I like them I can pull them into the main repository.

I'll probably be setting up a daemon script for sending change-reviews
to sm-commits ML. Unless someone beats me to it.

Just an FYI that the bzr in stable is not compatible:
$ bzr branch http://scm.sourcemage.org/smgl/cauldron/devel
cauldron-devel
bzr: ERROR: ("sorry, branch format 'Bazaar-NG branch, format 6\\n' not
supported", ['use a different bzr version', 'or remove the .bzr
directory and "bzr init" again'])
at /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/bzrlib/branch.py line 354, in
_check_format()
see ~/.bzr.log for debug information

$ tail ~/.bzr.log
return self.run(**all_cmd_args)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/bzrlib/builtins.py", line
393, in run
br_from = Branch.open(from_location)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/bzrlib/branch.py", line 131,
in open
return RemoteBranch(base, find_root=False)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/bzrlib/remotebranch.py", line
120, in __init__
self._check_format()
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/bzrlib/branch.py", line 354,
in _check_format
['use a different bzr version',
BzrError: ("sorry, branch format 'Bazaar-NG branch, format 6\\n' not
supported", ['use a different bzr version', 'or remove the .bzr
directory and "bzr init" again'])

- -sandalle

- --