sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] P4 down again

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Tony Smith <tony AT smee.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] P4 down again
  • Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 17:49:49 +0100

In my experience, it's unwise to rant when you don't know the facts. The
unreliability you attribute to Perforce is actually unreliability of our ADSL
connection.

The machine and the Perforce Server haven't been down for a long time;
unfortunately our network connection is a good deal less reliable and when it
fails I have to drive to the office to physically reset it.

Some weekends I'm able to do that, and some weekends I'm not.

I'd love to be in a position to offer you better hosting, but I don't have it
to offer.

By all means blame me, blame BT, blame anyone you want, but don't blame
Perforce: it's been extremely reliable - just not always connected.

Tony