sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] "suggested_depends" . . .

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Seth Alan Woolley <seth AT positivism.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] "suggested_depends" . . .
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 08:59:37 -0700

On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 08:45:40PM -0500, Jeremy Blosser (emrys) wrote:
> On Sep 27, Jason Flatt [jflatt AT sourcemage.org] wrote:

> > > Works for me. I was being half facetious when I "suggested" symbionts.
> > >
> > > :)
> > >
> > > Seth
> >
> > I kind of liked your idea of a single file to handle all that stuff. Of
> > course I'm not submitting any patches, so I'm not sure how far my opinion
> > will carry. :)
>
> Single file is probably better, I agree.

I just wanted one or the other. Either we have one file that handles
the dependency processing gestalt, or we have a different file for each
concept. One file saves space on disk, which is probably the most
important difference between the two philosophies pragmatically.

Seth

Quality Assurance Team Leader & Security Team: Source Mage GNU/linux
Linux so advanced, it may as well be magic http://www.sourcemage.org
Key id FDCEE733 = 5302 B414 64C4 6112 3454 E082 99F0 69DC FDCE E733