sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Cups and Ghostscript . . .

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jason Flatt <jflatt AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Cups and Ghostscript . . .
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 08:00:36 -0700

On Sunday 25 September 2005 01:41 am, Arwed von Merkatz wrote:

> Why the espgs default and the seperate cups-espgs spell? Just removing
> the ghostscript dependency from cups and making espgs optionally depend
> on cups looks to me like it would solve all issues already, maybe with
> a note in the cups spell that you need espgs to print to postscript
> (pcl?) printers.

Okay, I have deferred to my leader and to public opinion. :^) An updated
cups w/o the espgs depends is in the test and devel grimoires. An updated
espgs (new version) will be there later today or tomorrow (I'm out of time
for now, and I'm trying to test some changes).

--
Jason Flatt
Source Mage GNU/Linux: Linux so advanced, it may as well be magic.