sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Cups and Ghostscript . . .

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Cups and Ghostscript . . .
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 08:33:07 -0700

On Mon, Sep 26, 2005 at 08:00:36AM -0700, Jason Flatt wrote:
> On Sunday 25 September 2005 01:41 am, Arwed von Merkatz wrote:
> >
> > Why the espgs default and the seperate cups-espgs spell? Just removing
> > the ghostscript dependency from cups and making espgs optionally depend
> > on cups looks to me like it would solve all issues already, maybe with
> > a note in the cups spell that you need espgs to print to postscript
> > (pcl?) printers.
> >

> Okay, I have deferred to my leader and to public opinion. :^) An updated
> cups w/o the espgs depends is in the test and devel grimoires. An updated
> espgs (new version) will be there later today or tomorrow (I'm out of time
> for now, and I'm trying to test some changes).

We could have a "suggested_depends" command supplied by sorcery that
would merely add a spell to the list of spells to cast without incurring
any actual dependency ordering. The question would only get asked if
the spell wasnt already installed.

In this case:
espgs depends on cups
cups has a suggested depends on espgs (for postscript printing)

Just an idea.

-Andrew

| Andrew D. Stitt | acedit at armory.com | astitt at sourcemage.org |
| irc: afrayedknot | Sorcery Team Lead | ftp://t.armory.com/ |
| 1024D/D39B096C | 76E4 728A 04EE 62B2 A09A 96D7 4D9E 239B D39B 096C |