sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Cups and Ghostscript . . .

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jason Flatt <jflatt AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Cups and Ghostscript . . .
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 22:50:28 -0700

On Monday 26 September 2005 09:27 am, Seth Alan Woolley wrote:

> So this is the program?
>
> espgs-cups will depend on cups and use --with-cups.

Yes, but the two programs would be encapsulated within a single spell, so
that
the separate cups spell would not be cast.

> espgs will not depend on cups and use --without-cups.
>
> espgs and espgs-cups will conflict with and be providers of GHOSTSCRIPT
> (along with other GHOSTSCRIPT providers).
>
> cups will not depend on either, but a note will be entered to tell
> people to cast espgs-cups. We don't really need cups to know about
> espgs or espgs-cups beforehand.
>
> Is that the gist?

I think so, except for that first part, which makes me wonder about that last
part and if you're thinking down a different path than I am.

--
Jason Flatt
Source Mage GNU/Linux: Linux so advanced, it may as well be magic.