sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] "suggested_depends" . . .

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] "suggested_depends" . . .
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 15:04:51 -0700

On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 11:45:06PM +0200, Mads Laursen wrote:
> On 27/09/05 08.43, Jeremy Blosser (emrys) wrote:
> > How about just 'suggest espgs', possibly in a SUGGESTED file.
>
> Then a 'suggest' would be the inverse of an 'optional_depends'? So
> if cups has 'suggest espgs' and espgs has 'optional_depends cups'
> I could cast cups and be asked, if I wanted to have espgs with that?
> That would be cool - and even cooler if cast would then know to answer
> yes to the optional_depends?
>
> Just putting down the fist thing that came to mind, after reading this
> thread.

'suggest' isnt the inverse, it doesnt imply any ordering.
It wouldnt be any different than saying 'cast cups espgs'.

Cast already does some looking around for reasonable defaults to
optional_depends. If you cast cups, then said yes to the suggestion of
espgs, cast would later process espgs's depends (as it would if it was
specified on the cli). When espgs runs optional_depends cups, cast will
notice cups is already being cast and set the default to yes*.

-Andrew

* If the question was previously answered with no, or theres a 'sorcery
default' setting, it overrides aforementioned check.

| Andrew D. Stitt | acedit at armory.com | astitt at sourcemage.org |
| irc: afrayedknot | Sorcery Team Lead | ftp://t.armory.com/ |
| 1024D/D39B096C | 76E4 728A 04EE 62B2 A09A 96D7 4D9E 239B D39B 096C |