permaculture - Re: [permaculture] NAPC: Scarcity?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: mIEKAL aND <qazingulaza@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] NAPC: Scarcity?
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2014 07:40:42 -0500

I had a straight job at Organic Valley for many years until I couldn't keep
my mouth shut and have since chosen to try to make my living running a
permaculture nursery selling plant stock generated from the permaculture
demonstration we've been running here since 92. I'm hoping in a few years
that it can be more stable, but right now it is literally day by day. I also
have a 40 acre vineyard and future winery that I started while I was "in the
money" and have to urgently retool that project as a coop since I no longer
have the means develop it from my own income.

So, yes, my frugality is a consequence of my choices and not choosing to go
into debt further. This is the first I'm hearing of a work trade, even tho I
mentioned my plight on several lists and in conversations with Skeeter and
Leslie K and quite frankly I'm physically tapped out so I would have been far
more interested in some kind of sliding scale or god forbid a free pass to
the event..

Really I was simply responding to your use of 'ludicrously low', which for us
in the anarchist scene who live on little money, comes across as a class
distinction.

~mIEKAL