nafex - [nafex] Indian Cling Peach

  • From: Mark Lee <mark.lee.phd@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [nafex] Indian Cling Peach
  • Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2012 14:08:43 -0700

I read about a peach called Indian Blood Cling, and also known as
Indian Free and Indian Cling. It is said to do well in the Pacific
Northwest, being resistant to peach leaf curl, but I have never heard
of it before now. In New Zealand this peach is known as Black Boy.
Originally came from the Loire Valley in France where they are known
as PĂȘche de Vigne. Another interesting feature of this peach is that
it comes true from seed. Does anyone have experience with this peach?
Does anyone have any pits of this peach?
-Mark, Seattle, picking Desert King Figs and blackberries