nafex - [nafex] Bosc Pears harvest and ripening process?

  • From: James A Cooper <JCooper@lewistonschools.net>
  • To: "nafex@lists.ibiblio.org" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [nafex] Bosc Pears harvest and ripening process?
  • Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 14:43:03 +0000

We have Golden Russet Bosc pears and have had several good crops but are not
sure of the best way to ripen them. We have just picked in zone 6, because
they were beginning to fall from the tree. The majority were easy to pick,
just lift and they just poped off.

I know in some pears they need refrigerated then ripened, but not sure if
this is for bosc?

If someone could just give a general process for pears, and the varieties
that apply to that process that would be great!

Jim N. Idaho zone 6

  • [nafex] Bosc Pears harvest and ripening process?, James A Cooper, 09/03/2012