nafex - Re: [NAFEX] message text

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflondon@mindspring.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] message text
  • Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 17:22:54 -0400

Thomas Olenio wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think the instuctions were indicating that only TXT files can be
> attached to an email. All other types of attachements (DOC, GIF, JPG,
> PDF, etc.) would be stripped from emails. So if you want to attach a
> document to an email to the list, it has to be in TXT format.

Unfortunately the new NAFEX list on ibiblio does not strip attachments
at all.
You can attach any file to a message. The intent of the instructions in
the usagefaq was to
request that subscribers send only plain ascii text message whether thay
are directly in the
message body or included as a file attachment; IOW don't send graphics,
HTML, PDF, word processor,
sound or video files to the list in any shape or form. There will be an
uploads area made available soon to handle
exchange of these types of resources.

LL

--

L.F.London ICQ#27930345 lflondon@mindspring.com