nafex - Re: [NAFEX] viruses

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflondon@mindspring.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] viruses
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 18:16:01 -0400

"Lawrence F. London, Jr." wrote:

> DerryWalsh wrote:
> >
> > Lawrence,
> >
> > Aren't we going to have a major problem with viruses if attachments are
> > allowed?
>
> There's no way to configure the list to block attachments. So we will
> have to live with it.

Actually, an option to strip attachments from messages in list
configuration is on the Mailman developer's wishlist.
So, it is a matter of time before that feature will be implemented and
made available to us. In the meantime keep
watch on your email and make sure you haave your email client not open
attached files automatically. I would not
recommend anyone use Outlook Express. Netscape 4.75 (and no later
version) has a great email client as does
Agent 1.91. I know nothing about Eudora or Mac clients.

LL
--

L.F.London ICQ#27930345 lflondon@mindspring.com
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech london@ibiblio.org