nafex - Re: [NAFEX] viruses

  • From: Ginda Fisher <ginda@concentric.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] viruses
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 18:45:54 -0400

Eudora and most Mac e-mails are pretty good. The enormous majority of
viruses lately have been Outlook-only. It's partly because Outlook is
intrinsically less secure than most e-mails, but it's mostly just
because it is so prevalent. Monocultures attract parasite buildup.

(Most of the viruses mailed to me in recent years have come from
individuals, not from lists. Despite not having updated my virus
software since the free period expired, I haven't had any trouble. I've
used less common e-mail software, and have used ordinary caution about
attachments.)

Ginda Fisher