msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] motorized parasails and MSAR

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith@att.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] motorized parasails and MSAR
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 10:43:13 -0600

On Thu, May 06, 2010 at 09:10:38AM -0700, E.S. wrote:
>base on my research Powered Parachute, will be the safest way to go , we
>need it for a slow low search non urban parks area, wouldn't you agree?

Flying and visual searching are two separate tasks that require significant
attention, so there should be two people in the aircraft: pilot and spotter.

Wouldn't an unmanned, remote controlled drone be safest? Texas EquuSearch has
been using small airplane drones, by the way. One way they use drones is to
record video or photographs of the ground, then have as many trained observers
as they can round up look at the imagery. The analysis can be done remotely
by volunteers, even by spontaneous volunteers on the internet.