msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] weatern riding helmets

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "STEVE GASCA" <steve.gasca@verizon.net>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] weatern riding helmets
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 17:03:33 -0700

I understand your prespective on this.  It's also important to be a role model. I recall patrolling a children's safety fair. There were two unit members wearing hard hats, the others were wearing western straw hats. We were on concrete. A highlight of the day for the kids was when a helicopter landed. There was a lot of activity and people. I cringed when parents asked why we were not all wearing protective headgear while on horseback. They said it sent a mixed message when their kids are required to wear safety equipment while skating/bike riding, but we didn't.

In any event, we need to know our audience. Hope you had a great Memorial Day weekend!

Anona