msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] weatern riding helmets

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Jyaniro@aol.com
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] weatern riding helmets
  • Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 00:37:39 EDT

Irv,

Don't  u get it....These people don't ride race horses or competitive jumpers..... I have been dumped 100's of times and I still don't wear a helmet on a dull horse.
Good western riders don't wear them either and I have seen some tough ones that can stick in those western saddles.

Why do you think I put a western saddle on my crazy gelding when I took him out on a trail...because I didn't want to get dumped in my english tack.
You have to know your ability and the horse you are riding.

Also when I rode the flats we didn't put are helmets on when the trainers didn't come in on time...with one exception... a horse we flipped a coin to see who would be the lucky one to exercise her that day. WERE WE TAKING A CHANCE....YES....but we did it anyway because it was hot!....

ALL CHILDRED AND ADULTS that I teach are required to wear helmets and a boot with a heel..
When they are on their own I see them riding in sneakers...people will do what they feel is right for them.

Did I tell u I saw a really big guy riding a motorcycle without a helmet on the way to Shirley's last week? He was flying on I-95..

Jane

See what's free at AOL.com.