msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] ATV's--catching them

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "irvin lichtenstein" <ilichten1@verizon.net>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] ATV's--catching them
  • Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 20:25:39 -0400

I did catch a pair of illegals in a state park one day. Monitoring the park
radio I heard a report of two atv's illegally entering the park and
proceeding towards the horse trails.
Spotted their tire tracks and got a direction of travel which I called in.
We couldn't hear the engines so I let my mount lead the way by nose. We
found them down the trail lying doggo under some trees. They were also using
illegal pesticides to destroy bee nests. State park rangers were waiting for
them when they got home. All PA state rangers are police officers by the
way.