msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] GPS training

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Lois Guyon <laguyon2@yahoo.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] GPS training
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 07:19:10 -0700 (PDT)

We just obtained four Rino 130 GPS units. What is the best way to train our
20 volunteers to use them? How are they best used? What skills are needed
by everyone? Does everyone need to have the ability to use all the
capabilities of the unit?

Lois Guyon
LaSalle County, IL
Sheriff's Mounted SAR Posse