msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Blowdowns and riding safety (Iron County, Utah)

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "LAURI STRUVE" <lauris10@earthlink.net>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Blowdowns and riding safety (Iron County, Utah)
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 08:03:51 -0500

I don't know anyting about blowdowns. But I would say YES your safety and
your horse's safety come first. if you feel the terrain or in this case
obstacles on the terrain make it a risk then yes, to me it comes back to
the basic tenet... "don't become part of the problem"
Lauri
Osage Beach FPD SAR Division Mounted Unit