msar-riders - RE: [MSAR] Night MSAR

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "L. S." <obsar1864@hotmail.com>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [MSAR] Night MSAR
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 08:33:43 -0600

We respond at night... Our horses will stay at the trailer after dark, and we are on foot as ground searchers. That way the horses are ready if still needed at daybreak. It is sad that there are teams that take the attitude that they are MOUNTED searchers.... I know I'm repeating myself from previous posts, but on our team we are all groundpounders first.... mounted searchers second. We all respond to every call... that's part of being on a TEAM!

Lauri
Osage Beach Fire Protection District SAR Division