msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Night MSAR

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una@lanl.gov>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Night MSAR
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 09:46:47 -0700

Lauri S. wrote:
>Una, sounds like you quickly corrected his misinformation!

Actually, no. As a unit, we need to discuss more seriously and
with attention to logistics if we want to do night searches (eg,
the facility where I board my horse may lock its perimeter gates
at night and I don't know if they are willing to give me a key).
We would need to determine if we have enough interested and able
members that we can usually field at least one team when we are
called; there is little point training for something we cannot
deliver. Ditto for hasty searches and several other current SAR
needs/opportunities. We cannot do everything we might want to
do; there are not enough of us.

Una Smith
Santa Fe County Sheriff's Posse, in New Mexico