msar-riders - RE: [MSAR] Night MSAR

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: LMabry-zianet <lmabry@zianet.com>
  • To: 'Mounted search and rescue' <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [MSAR] Night MSAR
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 09:20:46 -0700

I agree with this - we have some members who do not want to respond as
ground searchers - we have others, including me, that will and have
responded as mounted, ground searchers, base camp operations, or whatever
is needed - regardless of time of day. We are also training two bloodhounds
for tracking. So I think it is up to the team to make sure that the FC's
know who you are and what you are capable and willing to do. No one should
be expected to be able to do everything - it's ok to have a niche and be
good at one thing - we need to make sure that the FC's know what that
expertise is so it can be used when and where it is needed.

btw - we have two bloodhounds that we are fostering for the local animal
shelter that desparately need homes - it would be great if someone would
take one or both of them and train them for SAR. email me lmabry@zianet.com
if you are interested.

Lydia Mabry
DACSMP