msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Night MSAR

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: pennbo@bbv.net
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Night MSAR
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 18:29:27 -0800

> but on our team we are all groundpounders first.... mounted
> searchers second. We all respond to every call... that's part of being on a
> TEAM!
>
> Lauri
> Osage Beach Fire Protection District SAR Division

I'm trying my best to put this very idea across in our group too. The
department is cooperating by calling us on every mission. We solved some
of the problem of who will and who won't search without a horse by
having everyone list their search preferences/restrictions on our unit
call-out sheet. That way we know right away who we should or shouldn't
contact. This year a few of those who were "horse only" have been
showing up for every search including foot and vehicle. I think it takes
some time to change the paradigm that people work from.

Chris Pennington
Big Bear Sheriff's Posse
MSAR