market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Any demand at market for fresh soybeans?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Stewart <rstewart AT zoomtown.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Any demand at market for fresh soybeans?
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 09:49:22 -0500

We have a local seller that is growing organic soybean and making meal for feed and cooking oil.   Not fresh, but should give you some ideas.

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm Est. 1855

(513) 967-1106

We have sold edamame for 3 years now and although it started fairly slow, the customers who like itare very loyal and word of mouth has built sales every year. I don't think there is a huge demand, but sampling and recipies has also helped. We sell unshelled.   -julie clifford, clifford family farm