market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Umbrella insurance policy

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Barking Cat Farm <barkingcatfarm AT mindspring.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Umbrella insurance policy
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 11:47:13 -0600

Hmmm…maybe time for us to check into Bill's company.  We had quite a time finding somebody who offered farm liability coverage several years back when we were looking.  Not Farm Bureau (despite the name), probably not RVOS (nobody would ever return our repeated attempts to contact them, despite their nice farm-friendly-looking advertisements on the back cover of Texas Co-op Power Magazine).  Finally ended up working with Texas Insurance in El Campo, TX.  They are agents for The Republic Group.  They've been very easy to work with, coverage is good, they have several payment plans if you don't want to pay all at once.

Our policy covers $1M limit in liability per occurrence, $2M in aggregate for the year, with a separate $2M aggregate product liability policy.  Annual premium is just over $1,000.  If interested, talk to Betty Brown 979-543-2709 x224 .  She's very good.

Laurie
Barking Cat Farm
Zones 7&8, where it finally froze about 2 weeks past normal freeze date, so hopefully we can slow down a bit.  Green bell peppers, anybody?