market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Market scale

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Garth & Kim Travis <gartht AT txcyber.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Market scale
  • Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 06:56:18 -0500

Greetings,
Actually, Harbor Freight has great rechargeables, and their charger works well, but only the green colored batteries. The orange ones are garbage. I own three sets, because I used to have to use my scale in direct sunlight. We now have an extra pavillion for our set up area, and our scale is in the shade. I have used the same set of batteries, with out a recharge for 4 markets, now. We only use our scale for set up, we don't sell across it, that is too slow. We weigh out our tomatoes into plastic baskets, before market starts and when we get breaks. Then we sell by the basket. We have an 8' prep table that we cover with filled baskeThis is much faster when you have customers lined up.
Bright Blessings,
Kim

Erik Lane wrote:
Just a note about rechargeable batteries - I haven't had any luck
finding good NIMH D cell batteries, but I found adapters so that I can
put AA batteries into them. Of course it doesn't pack the same punch,
but the AA batteries available now have a high enough amp hour rating
that they should at least be able to last for a while.