market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Selling Live plants at a Farm Market

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Paul Wiediger" <wiediger AT windstream.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Selling Live plants at a Farm Market
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 08:15:00 -0600

Could you give us an estimate of how many plants you take in your truck?

Andy King
Sunflower King's Farm
PA Zone 6

When we were using a GMC Sonoma with a topper and double stacking using a
sheet of plywood, we could take about 25 flats and some pots stuck in here
and there, so the number of plants depended on the number of plants in a
flat and the cost of the plant. It was an extended cab so we had plants in
the cab as well. It often carried over $1000 in plants to market. That's a
lot of money carried in a small truck!

Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm