market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Farmer's Market Problem

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Farmer's Market Problem
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 19:10:12 -0500

From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost AT gilanet.com>
> Hi Pat. Get more prospective growers together and >plan to have more to
sell, and have them plan ahead to >get together at the start of selling
season and hand out >flyers in front of grocery stores, advertising the
farmers >market with 10% discount coupons on the flyers.

I'm also with Pat's group. How do you find prospective growers? We've
blanketed the county with fliers offering to list growers for free in our
directory of local food, and we've gotten a very poor response. We plan to
have a 'Growing for Market' workshop in the spring, but I don't know how
else to find/encourage more growers.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Cowbridge Farm
Tioga County, PA