market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Selling of Meat in Minnesota

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rick Williams" <mrfarm AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Selling of Meat in Minnesota
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 19:14:21 -0600

Steve Sando wrote:
> Could you help organize a buy between several customers? Maybe that's a
> little grey, if not outright wrong, but as a consumer, I'd love
> to get this
> kind of meat but I have little storage. If you had several customers, you
> could organize a "buy" between several families.

We encourage this to our customers. And if they do it, we have a whole lot
less marketing. So they get a discount for buying a whole animal. We had one
customer around Christmas time that bought 4 split halves to work out with
relatives/friends. They paid $1.60/lb hanging weight and we pay the
processing costs. It is a very small margin in such a case, but we feel it
is well worth it.

Sincerely,

Rick Williams
Misty Ridge Farm