market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Selling of Meat in Minnesota

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Selling of Meat in Minnesota
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 13:05:02 -0500

Dave -

The rules on selling meat appear to be the same in WV as they are in MN. The laws in MD and VA appear to be more liberal, allowing farmers to sell USDA processed meat as cuts from their farms and at markets.

I sell custom beef, also. I only do 3 beef a year. I find a lot of people simply do not have the freezer space to buy a quarter of beef and I lose a lot of sales. Have you found a way around this?

-Allan