market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Patterns in direct market sales of meat

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Robert Farr <rbfarr AT erols.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Patterns in direct market sales of meat
  • Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 07:35:58 -0500

I'm a little confused about the govt. regulations here.

Can you see meat butchered at a state facility on the farm and at
farmers' markets? Can you butcher your own meat on your farm in MN?

If yes to either of the above, why can't you ship out of state???

--
Robert Farr
The Chile Man

* A sustainable farm producing hot sauce marinades, salsas, mustards,
and barbecue.
* Subscribe to our online newsletter at http://www.thechileman.com
* Check out this article about us from The Washington Post:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/style/food/A8659-2001Jul17.html
* Open Houses and Farm Tours throughout the year. See our web site for
details!