market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Selling of Meat in Minnesota

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Alex McGregor <waldenfarm AT sprintmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Selling of Meat in Minnesota
  • Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 14:17:06 -0500

A lot of states (and the feds) have really tight regulations on meat and
dairy. Shows you how much influence these cartels have in D.C. and our
state capitols.

There are ways around most of this. A 100% grass-fed beef & lamb
producer here sells frozen cuts at a farmers market. (He sells like this
for exposure to get people to pre-order and come to his farm and buy
quarters and halves.)

I can get him on the phone after dark and get details if anyone is
interested. (He consciously chooses not to have a computer.)
Caveat- I think he's working through a loophole rather than established
law.

Alex McGregor
Walden Farm
Still living in: