market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] consumers choose organic

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Liz Pike" <liz AT laughingbrookfarm.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] consumers choose organic
  • Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 14:18:15 -0500

All arguments aside, why don't we quit bashing the USDA for the NOP? It
isn't perfect, but if anyone had told the USDA 25 years ago, they'd be
administering a national organic program, they'da been laughed into a vat of
herbicide. The USDA's come a long way, baby. They're still tweaking the
program...so the best way to make it something we can all live with is to
quit handwringing and contribute comments to the right agencies.

If they don't listen, move on. Local is the future of market
farming--whether organic or not.

Liz Pike
Laughingbrook Farm
Westfield NC