market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Squash spacing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rick Williams" <mrfarm AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Squash spacing
  • Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 18:55:02 -0600

Rob Johnston wrote:
> Cucurbit fruit quality and appearance is a maternal trait.
> The source of
> the pollen will effect the progeny of your crop, were you to save and
> replant the seeds, but it will not effect the appearance or
> quality of your
> squash fruits.

For a guy with a biology degree you would think that I would have seen this
right away.

I wonder what the Jung's guy was thinking? That we were planning to save the
seeds perhaps?

Do many of you grow whatever you want next to each other as long as it is
for production of the produce?

What about those who keep seeds? Then what kind of spacing do you use?

Sincerely,

Rick Williams
Misty Ridge Farm
Dairy heifers and dairy beef graziers