market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Mushrooms

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Richard & Faye" <rifa AT advertisnet.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Mushrooms
  • Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 21:08:41 -0600

growing. All I know is that I can sell my oyster and shiitake mushrooms at
local restaurants for 6-7 bucks a pound fresh
or to local food stores for 3-4 #. I also have an outlet to sell dried for
$30 a pound, takes about 10 pounds of fresh for pound of dried. I can raise
approximately 48000# in a 2400 sq. foot annually. I'll let you do the math!
I also raise hydroponic produce the difference being that when my produce is
ready it has to go...when my mushrooms are ready if I don't have a market I
can dry them. Have sold many OZ. at Farmers Markets for 3-4 Dollars an
ounce.

WE also offer mushroom kits that produce 4-5# fresh mushrooms and they sell
very well for 20-25 dollars each.

Richard