market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] garlic & hay

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Alliums <garlicgrower AT earthlink.net>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] garlic & hay
  • Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 21:10:20 -0500

Marie wrote:

It gets harder every year to plant garlic. I need a garlic planter.

I do it all by hand, but I know there are folks in the Garlic Seed Foundation who have converted potato and carrot planters for garlic. The Garlic Seed Foundation now has a website at:

http://www.garlicseedfoundation.info/index.htm

You can e-mail Bob Dunkel, the Editor of The Garlic Press (info at this URL) and ask him about machinery.

http://www.garlicseedfoundation.info/submissions.htm

BTW, for those who live in areas with acid rain, you don't need to add sulfur to your soil. As David Stern, the Director of GSF has said "Acid rain is what gives New York garlic that *special* kick!"

Just a side benefit of all those coal-fired electric plants! ;-(

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of