market-farming - Re: Looking like a farmer.......

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marie Kamphefner <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Looking like a farmer.......
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 12:31:31 -0500

I agree about looking like a farmer. One fellow I heard about wasn't
having much luck selling stuff (looked like a yuppie) so he grew a beard,
wore overalls that he bought new and soaked in bleach water, high-top
shoes, plaid shirt and straw hat. I hear he sells out every time now.

I got some vegetable print fabric at WalMart that would make an excellent
apron to wear at a farmer's market while selling. Could wear a country
print vest and/or a straw hat with a sunflower etc etc.

We got some more much-needed rain this morning. This should bring some of
my seeds up and morel mushrooms too! The deer have just about totally
ruined the strawberries for this year and I think we have chickened out on
the CSA.

We have dispersed the emu herd except for four. Anybody want some free
emu? Their tall fenced pens will become my new strawberry beds most likely.

That's about it for here.

Marie in Missouri