internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Are You Registered To Vote At Your CurrentAddress? Register Online!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: David Minton <dminton AT mindspring.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Are You Registered To Vote At Your CurrentAddress? Register Online!
  • Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 12:17:37 -0400

On 8/5/08 9:45 AM, "Tanner Lovelace" <clubjuggler AT gmail.com> wrote:

>> Assuming the votes are counted accurately.....
>
> Hi Simon,
>
> That's a pretty inflammatory statement and as an election judge I'm not sure
> I like your insinuation. Would you care to expound on your statement,
> please?
>
> Cheers,
> Tanner Lovelace

While not intentional, there was that very public "oops" in NC in 2004 for
which votes were not "counted accurately:"

"More than 4,500 North Carolina votes lost because of mistake in voting
machine capacity"

<http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/vote2004/2004-11-04-votes-lo
st_x.htm>

If I recall, at least one state-wide office was decided by a few hundred
votes, and might have had a different outcome if those votes had not been
lost.

David