internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] blog, blogging, blogged

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Bill Vinson <billvinson AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] blog, blogging, blogged
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 14:00:58 -0500

I don't normally post on Internetworkers, so this is just a lurker's
point of view :)

Journaling and Blogging are the exact same thing...either can have the
intent of being more private, but unless they are secured both are
just as public. The intent doesn't negate either form in my opinion.

Personally, I dislike LJ simply due to the interface. I find it
klunky, but I don't look down upon someone who uses it. It just really
doesn't work for me. However, I will say I find very little content
that I consider interesting on LJ. I personally use Movable Type and I
like both it and WordPress. Blogger seems much nicer now.

As far as the hosting situation is concerned...I refuse to use any
webhost that isn't free and that doesn't support PHP, CGI, etc. These
are commodity services that most (even cheap) hosting companies should
provide. But, this is just my 2 cents.

- Bill