internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] blog, blogging, blogged

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tanner Lovelace <clubjuggler AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] blog, blogging, blogged
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 14:47:13 -0400

On Apr 5, 2005 1:45 PM, Bruce <bruce AT synthesiscreative.com> wrote:
> Hmmmm, that's cutting a pretty fine hair Tanner. If you lined up 10
> blogs and 10 journals and shuffled them do you think most people would
> pick up the difference? I think most people would see the format and
> think Blog; Post, comment, links, trackbacks, etc. They may see a blog
> that is very personal - but it will still look like a blog.

Yes, it is cutting a fine hair and it's not too hard to find counterexamples.
But, the question was asked and I tried to answer it as best as possible.
But, I completely disagree with your assertion that everything looks like
a blog. For people who only know blogging, yes, in the same way that
everything looks like a nail when all you have is a hammer. But I've
heard the same argument that all electric guitar music that uses distortion
is noise too and I don't buy into that.

> Maybe the reason you feel Journaling isn't taken seriously is because it
> is so personal and of little interest to a sizeable community. The most
> trafficked blogs are written in such a way as to engage the visitor in a
> common interest. Half of the draw of a good blog is the intelligent
> comments from the community.

You have confused my comments with the intial questioners. Nowhere
did I say anything about journaling taken seriously or not. Please

Tanner
--
Tanner Lovelace
clubjuggler at gmail dot com