homestead - Re: [Homestead] weights

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] weights
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 00:03:34 -0400

jack hammers are not easy to handle.
I think you will find that traveling is much easier than homesteading...lol...
Glad to hear that you are getting healthier, too.

On 9/10/2010 10:46 PM, Don Bowen wrote:
You could come to my place and wrestle with a 47# electric jack hammer. Yesterday's rains washed out my driveway so today I had to pull some gravel back into place. Then I took the electric jack hammer and broke up part of the dam that was making a big pool in my driveway. After a half an hour my back started sending obscene messages over using that infernal machine. Then I tripped and fell on the rocks so decided that it was time to put things away. All O got out of the fall was some scrapes. Tomorrow morning I will b e out there again cutting the notch deeper in the hopes to completely drain the pool. Then we want to bring in some road base to build up the road a little.

Since I started this move in mid May I have lost 25# myself and toned up a lot. Since moving to the Ozarks my blood pressure is down with the weight, the knee does not hurt as much, and my heel is improving.

--
EarthNSky Farm 34.498N 85.076W
SISU! (Finnish--There is no single word in English that encompasses