homestead - Re: [Homestead] weights

  • From: Lisa Kae Van Meter Perry <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] weights
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 20:46:56 -0400

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 5:19 PM, EarthNSky <erthnsky AT gmail.com> wrote:

> does anyone on the list have experience with weight/strength training?
> Could I be so lucky to have a personal trainer volunteer information?
> I need some feedback on what I am doing.

Hey,

I do, but don't feel qualified to give guidance. What I will say is that my
husband lifted weights for years, and after attending the local Chinese
medicine clinic for various ailments (both of us), he quit doing weights.
Period. He now does 3 kinds of push-ups, we both do 4-way sit-ups and
various stretching & yoga-like moves. My husband has more definition and
"sculpting" now than weights gave him--and it takes less time for the
work-out and, best of all, no special equipment. We do the 4-way sit-ups
together as you need someone usually to hold your ankles or to sit on your
legs near your ankles.

Just a thought. But I truly don't want to discourage you--proud of your
changes! Go Bev!

Lisa
sw VA (but currently on the road towards coastal NC!)