homestead - Re: [Homestead] End of the American experiment, was cash for clunkers anyone?

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] End of the American experiment, was cash for clunkers anyone?
  • Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 18:26:48 -0800

Ah, come on, Drew. Give the guy some credit. I mean, he gave $5 toys to another diplomat's kids and an MP3 player to QEII with his speeches on it. I mean, that has to be the ultimate in diplomacy!

And you're not going to see any indepth reporting because the major news stations have to much vested in him. I mean, after all, he gave one newscaster shivers up his leg.

Lynda
The press corp is fact-adverse but very fable friendly.

----- Original Message ----- From: <DSanner106 AT aol.com>

I certainly don't despise him, just don't trust him. but his popularity in
Israel is at 4 percent now and this mornings paper is detailing his
agreement with moscow to discontinue the missile defense system in Europe we had
placed there to protect them From Russia. Needless to say, our longtime
solid allies in western Europe and our new allies in the former soviet block
countries in the east are not happy with him.
Come to think of it, I can't think of any examples so far of international
diplomacy. Here is the story as it ran in China, even they rate it as front
page news. Of course you won't see a lot about it in our papers.