homestead - Re: [Homestead] Democrats, past, present and future-was Video

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Democrats, past, present and future-was Video
  • Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 18:35:20 -0800

Seems to me it was about 1970 when the government really jumped in. They forced dairy farmers to sell off their cows. And the set pricing really went into force big time.

Lynda
The press corp is fact-adverse but very fable friendly.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>

Around here the government has had control of the dairy industry for a long
time. In Pennsylvania, the retail price of milk is fixed by law...it goes
up, but never goes down, and it's illegal to sell under the fixed price.
$1.50/gallon milk?? We haven't seen that in years...it's around $3/gallon
here, but the farmers see very little of that money. They are predicting
that many PA and NY dairy farmers will be out of business by the end of the
year.