homestead - Re: [Homestead] End of the American experiment, was cash for clunkers anyone?

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] End of the American experiment, was cash for clunkers anyone?
  • Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 22:04:45 EDT

> >I know Obama is despised by many here,

I am also not one of the ones who despises Obama. He is what he is.

but his diplomacy has been far
> better than Bush's. It remains to be seen if it is not too little, too

Diplomacy, maybe, I'm not convinced. I see it as his diplomacy and entire
handling of foreign affairs as off in a random direction, not opposite
Bush's. We're adrift now as far as policy and stance.

But you know, I have to ask myself, what should be done now? The only
answer I come up with is that it doesn't really matter at this point. '"The
die
is cast!"

Did you have occasion (children in the family) to see Disney's "The
Emperor's New Groove"?? Pacha (John Goodman) and Cuzco (David Spade) are
tied to
a log floating on a river thinking they have escaped the worst danger.
Pacha gasps and Cuzco quits whining just long enough to ask,

"Water all up ahead?"
"Yup."
"Lots of sharp rocks at the bottom?"
"Most likely."
"Bring it on!"

That's where we are right now. Too many people have thought we passed our
worst danger when we ditched Bush for Obama. But there's a waterfall up
ahead.

Bring it on.

James