homestead - Re: [Homestead] gypsum?

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] gypsum?
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 19:34:08 -0400

Here's a decent wiki article on sheetrock..scroll down to the "waste" header...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drywall
I have no idea of what kind of glue is used to make sheetrock, but even water based or latex glues would create issues for an "organic" gardener. Rubber is often thought of as a natural substance, but it is a good example of an adhesive ingredient that might remain in the environment for a long, long time.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>

I have wallboard scraps here and was doing some research online.
Basically, everything I found was hearsay. One problem is the
possibility of additives, especially glue.

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky