homestead - [Homestead] gypsum?

  • From: VAN DELL JORDAN <vdjor AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] gypsum?
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 11:12:57 -0700 (PDT)

Not sure if this is an answerable question or not!!
I've asked before and appreciated the information that old wall board would
make a good soil amendment.. not sure how you would use that? Broken up and
spread with a spreader? could just be placed out on ground or put into
compost? Would you only place on clay like soils? Would it be a detriment
to organic soils?
We have quite a bit of material from a demolition project. Trying to decide
if we should haul out to land or pay environmental services to dump. We are
now calculating costs of gasoline, small trailer 10 mile round trip, vs.
dumpster fees etc. don't think it will pay us to create our own private
landfill but if material can benefit land it might pay. Question came up
because environmental service doesn't have a dumpster available for couple
weeks.
Van Dell