homestead - Re: [Homestead] My real estate bias

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] My real estate bias
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 14:22:51 EST

> >2-They are in the business of promoting Realtors. Quite right.

Nothing amiss with that. Happens all the time and it is the 'emptor' who
must decide whether he does or does not buy the spiel. As a 'professional'
organization, it is OK for the NAR to make it's case that the buyer (and
seller)
benefit by using a Realtor(tm), someone who is going to buy a house anyway.
But I suppose I draw the line at working to inflate and pump up the sale and
price of real estate in general so as to increase its membership and enrich
its
memebers. That's like the difference between the AMA advocating you
receiving
medical advice from a board certified physician if you are sick or on the
other hand working toward convincing you that you are sick so the doctors
will
make more money (although now of days that's what they do!)

> >Btb, I wrote the previous post just before bedtime, after trying out
> >Trader Joe's 2007 Vintage Ale. As I was tossing out the bottles this
> >morning I read that the alcohol content is nine percent. So if any of
> >my words were unusually wobbly, that's why. That's my story and I am
> >sticking to it.

I was going to say that was your best effort yet!

Yet it pricks me that I've got twenty or so pounds of malt I made last summer
and five pounds of hops I harvested and have yet done nothing with them. I
guess I need to start on a writing improvement program .... yeah, that's the
ticket!! </HTML>