homestead - Re: [Homestead] My real estate bias

  • From: "roxann" <roxann AT ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] My real estate bias
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 15:37:54 +0000

My family were all very upset with me for bringing my kids out to 'the dark
ages' like this. However, after Katrina hit and the population of our
previous area (where all my family still live) more than doubled, creating
havoc in the schools and infrastructure around there, they were all praising
my foresight. We sold our house and land the year Katrina came, but we had
bought the land in AR two years prior. It was awful to have to constantly
explain and defend the desire to move away from them to out here, and a
relief to have them finally admit i was right.

Roxann, NW AR
http://blog.ancientearthwisdom.com